By MICHAEL GINGOLD
A new horror movie is compiling frightening tales inspired by those user-created myths that have spread their terror on-line. Read on an exclusive first look at the poster and all the details.
Producers Tony Newton (GRINDSPLOITATION, 60 SECONDS TO DIE) of Vestra Pictures and Sam Mason Bell (THE ANIMALS) of Trash Arts are behind CREEPYPASTA, which will compile 10 short films inspired by the Slender Man and other viral fiends and phenomena. They’re seeking contributions from filmmakers, with a deadline of October 31; the feature will premiere on demand in late December of this year. The guidelines:
- Qualifying films must be between 5 and 7 minutes in length.
- You must create your own original story and characters. As much as we love to read about viral icons like Slenderman, Jeff the Killer and the Russian Sleep Experiment, we’re looking for new and original tales of terror—not retellings of old material. Use your imagination and give the world new, original nightmares of your own creation!
- All music and video used in your film must be free from copyright—unless you have received written permission from the rights holders.
- Go for horror-centric themes only–no comedy or parody films.
- Do not include title cards or end credits—instead, include a text version in e-mail form with your submission. We will include these credits in the film’s end-title sequence.
- No real-life acts of violence or other crimes (including animal cruelty) can be shown. We are creating a fictional world of horror to frighten and entertain—not making a snuff film!
Send submissions to Tony@SchlockFilms.com via WeTransfer.com or Vimeo.com, and contact Newton at that address with any questions. The poster seen below was created by Mancat Design.